Friday, March 21, 2014

Considering being on the 2014-2015 Board?


Listen to what this year’s board members shared about their experience.

“It can give you work experience, help you meet like-minded parents, and it’s an opportunity to improve/hone certain skills you’d like to use.”  Resa, Class Coordinator  

“I volunteered to be on the board to help and to feel closer to the community.”  Darcy, Registrar

 “I wanted a scheduled event that got me out of the house childless.  I also wanted to use part of my brain that doesn’t get exercised as a SAHM.  I enjoyed completing my tasks and responsibilities and feeling a sense of accomplishment”  Krista, Secretary

 “Serving on the board is great because you get to play a key role in WTG- which benefits your kid! Furthermore, it is a great personal growth opportunity for you!  I love interacting with parents (and teachers) that aren’t in my class.  It’s great showing up to a WTG event and being able to facilitate parents from other classes meeting each other.”  Sonja, Class Coordinator

“I earned my bachelor’s degree when I was pregnant with my daughter, so serving on the board was an opportunity to use what I learned.  Also being a part of the board is an experience I can use on my resume.  Finally, I wanted to give back to Woodinville Toddler Group since they are about serving the community, parents, and our children.”  Brenda, Treasurer

 I'm volunteering as a class coordinator because I was so impressed with WTG during the 2012-2013 school year. We had an absolutely awesome class, and I know our class coordinator had a lot to do with that. Volunteering as a class coordinator gives me the opportunity to put my professional skills to use in a program that means a lot to my family. It's a great blend of both of my worlds”  Hillary, Class Coordinator

“It’s a great opportunity to dust off skills that you maybe haven’t utilized since leaving the working world.  It was refreshing to collaborate with other adults to work on projects and complete.  It felt great to be needed outside the home :).”  Lisa, Webmaster

“I truly enjoyed meeting the other parent board members-  they are all such great people” Resa, Class Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment